Monday, March 23, 2009

Thing 18

I joined facebook earlier this year simply because my son in law sent me an invitation. (I secretly thought that I would see lots of pictures of my beautiful grandaughter, whom I am completely in love with) Well, there was only one picture so I thought I would up the ante and added more. Before I was finished with that, someone else saw my name and befriended me and it has been a whirlwind ever since. While I am not on it as much as most of the people who I hear talking about it, I do check it regularly and have found that many of my coworkers are on as well- we chit chat occasionally and it is interesting to see what is written on the wall :-) I am a member of the Mystic Bean Coffee Company because I loved the coffee- it has since gone out of business! I see another librarian sends out the library events and invites her friends to stop by and check out items. It has been pointed out to me that it would be a great place to provide youth programming as it is already the site they access regularly and they might not look at the library's website regularly. Great thoughts come from young minds!

No comments:

Post a Comment