Tuesday, January 20, 2009

thing3

Oddly enough the technorati link would not let me log into my blog but when I went to it directly it logged in just fine. These are the kind of foilbles that keep many from pressing forward. Years ago (15+) I knew a woman who finished her Phd in educational technology and it was a joke that nothing ever worked for her. That was the case at least the first time, eventually she would figure it out but no one remembers that only that it didn't work. She is long retired but I still hear that lament occasionally. the persistance it takes to find another way is sometimes the downfall in libraries. There is WAY too much going on and all at the speed of sound on a public desk which is not always the place to be troubleshooting. It is so much easier when it is a hardware issue and you can crawl under a desk and pull and plug until you get it fixed. Everyone can see you are unavailable for the moment, not so with many other snafus.

No comments:

Post a Comment