Friday, February 6, 2009

Thing 4

Weeeeeee here we go! RSS feeds are coming our way very soon I think. There is so much going on in the library field that it can be mind boggling for us as well as our patrons. I can see the reservation queues running to the thousands as patrons get the "feed" telling them the newest DVD's available. I also see how technology will have a huge impact on the acquisition habits of public libraries as patrons' demands change. The library of my childhood is long gone and will never be seen again. It seems a little sad but the children of today would never look forward to visiting a place of the type that was the castlekeep of my dreams. A child of today has far different needs and in order to hold a place in their life we need to grow anew.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I bet I removed that post because I had some crazy typo in there! What I was trying to say then and will attempt to now is that I like reading your blog and "hearing" your thoughts. For what it's worth, working with real small children as well as teens, I can happily say libraries of ol' make an appearance now and again...I see kids at my branch grabbing bean bag chairs and stretching out and READING with a pile of books next to them or little ones cuddling with their moms or dads while they read! It gets me everytime. :)

    ReplyDelete